Quarry Street free parking trial reminder:
As you will be aware, a free 30min parking trial is planned to commence on the pedestrianised section of Quarry Street, (27 bays Quarry Street and within existing bays on Cadzow Street and Townhead Street). We understand that this is due to commence early 2024, however we are awaiting final confirmation of the date and details. The existing waiting / loading restrictions will be amended to allow for 30-minute maximum waiting between 9.30am and 4pm and loading only between 4pm and 9.30am.
Here’s a summary of the anticipated changes:
- Delivery vehicle access within Quarry Street / Cadzow Street / Townhead Street will be restricted between 09:30 and 16:00
- Keith Street should not be accessed via Cadzow Street by vehicles (other than buses and taxi’s)
- Cadzow Street entry restrictions will be removed
- Speed restrictions will be in place
- Visitors will now be able to park for free within the marked bays for 30 minutes
Once we gain confirmed information we will update businesses here, and on our website.
Hamilton Christmas Market & Regent Centre celebrations:
The Regent Shopping centre will be hosting its annual Christmas celebration on the 18thNovember. We will be supporting via the return of Hamilton Christmas Market operating on the day inside the centre. The following week, 25th November will be our official town centre light switch on taking place on Quarry Street from 10:00 – 17:30. Check out our festive guide for more information.
Social Enterprise Accelerator for South Lanarkshire – applications now open:
- What is it? Inspirent are running a new 10-week Social Enterprise Accelerator over two intakes, on behalf of South Lanarkshire Council
- Who is it for? This programme offers free and fully funded support for Leaders of Social Enterprises, or constituted Enterprising Third Sector Organisations in South Lanarkshire.
- How does it work? Successful applicants will receive stimulating support every week from our industry experts, across workshops and one-to-ones. Mostly delivered via Zoom, but we do have in-person sessions as well.
- What’s the benefit? This accelerator can help you to identify and apply the necessary changes, to grow your organisation and your community.
- Is there eligibility criteria? Yes. The accelerator is only open to South Lanarkshire headquartered Social Enterprises and constituted Enterprising Third Sector Organisations, who operate from South Lanarkshire, and seek significant growth.
If you’re interested in finding out more, checking eligibility, or making an enquiry as the first step, please visit https://inspirent.co.uk/sl-socialenterprise-accelerator.
Applications close on Friday 17 November at 1200hrs, but we encourage early enquiries and applications